SIK is Greenland's largest labor union with branches around Greenland. SIK has agreements on wages and agreements on working conditions, with large and small companies as well as with the public employers and publicly owned companies.
SIK has a central board which, according to the union's laws, elected every 4 years by the delegates to the General Assembly. The delegates are appointed by local branches (SIP’s) board, which come to the General Assembly with voting and speaking rights.
We have 25 local departments on the coast in various towns and villages. They have their own boards. Their main task is to keep contact to the members and to ensure that elected representatives for all jobs in the city / village.
Registration form (members form)
- It is important that all fields are filled.
- It is important that your writing is legible.
PBS (Banks Pay Service)
- With your signature on the registration form you agree thereby to pay via PBS.
- Your first bill on quota being sent as giro.
- It is important you pay giro soon after receipt.
- If you do, you will not get more giro sent, payment is ongoing.
- Payment will be made each month.
- Prices for membership are different.
- The reason why prices are different is that local unions (SIP) itself determines the size of theirshare of the quota.
It is important to contact SIK when moving
- To a different address in your hometown.
- To another city.
- If you change job.
- Or if you need to move to another country.