The membership contingent increases or remains unchanged
INFORMATION (16-03-2022): Many of the union members in the next coming days receive an SMS message that their monthly membership contingent will increase by a certain amount from April 1, 2022. But there are also many others who do not receive an SMS message – for their contingent will be the same like now.
This is based on changes to the membership contingent s, adopted in SIK’s congress in September 2021. It has been followed up with a letter in December to the 20 branches of the trade union affiliated with SIK, by the union by Vice President Jokum Zeeb with a reminder and summary of the content of the changes. And the reminder has here in 2022 been repeated both in writing and calls by phone. The Vice President has also asked the branches to inform any of the contingent changes to SIK no later than 5 March 2022.
One of the changes adopted in the congress is that the trade union’s share of the individual members’ monthly membership contingenr will be increased by DKK 15 from DKK 150 to DKK 165 with effect from 1 April 2022. This was done with reference to the increasing number of tasks with member cases in the trade union secretariat.
As the structure of SIK as it is so far, the trade union congress can not dictate the size of the branches’ share of the member’s contingent. The branches must determine this themselves. Therefore, there is not one same contingent in the country within the organization.
The congress in September thus contented itself with calling on the branches to reduce their share of the contingent by the equivalent of DKK 15 so that an increase in the individual member’s total contingent can be avoided.
Here, two weeks before the cut-off date, a picture emerges with four categories:
1) Full follow-up of the congress’ call, and thus unchanged overall contingent (the branches in Qaqortoq, Nuuk and Tasiilaq),
2) Partial follow-up of the congress’ call (the branches in Ilulissat, Qasigiannguit, Nanortalik and Upernavik), and thus an increase in the contingent, however, of less than DKK 15.
3) No follow-up of the congress’ call, and thus an increase of DKK 15. The branches in the following towns and villages have announced this: Sisimiut, Aasiaat, Kangaamiut, Kangaatsiaq, Maniitsoq, Uummannaq, Kangerlussuaq and Qeqertarsuaq.
4) At the end of the deadline, the other branches have not announced what they have decided on their part of the contingent – so in reality there will be an increase of DKK 15.
Together we are stronger!
WELCOME to membership! The moment SIK receive your completed registration form you are a member, welcome. The registration form can be found for download in the table below.
SIK is Greenland’s largest labor union with branches around Greenland. SIK has agreements on wages and agreements on working conditions, with large and small companies as well as with the public employers and publicly owned companies. We have local departments (SIP’s) on the coast in various towns and villages.
- It is important that all fields in the registration form below are filled.
- Paying contingent via PBS (Banks Pay Service)
- With your signature on the registration form you agree thereby to pay membership contingent via PBS.
- Your first bill on fee being sent as giro.
- It is important you pay giro soon after receipt.
- If you do, you will not get more giro sent, payment is ongoing.
- Payment will be made each month.
It is important to contact SIK when moving
- To a different address in your hometown.
- To another city.
- If you change job.
- Or if you need to move to another country.
- Cancellation of membership must be informed to SIK written.
- If you cancel past after half of the month, you pay next month too.
SIK does not repay the fees retroactively.
The address of the headquarters
SIK, Issortarfimmut 11, P.O. Box 9, 3900 Nuuk – www.sik.gl
Tlf.: +299 32 21 33 Fax: +299 32 49 39
The registration form and the SIK departments
Below: Address information about the local SIK departments and the monthly fee (contingent). Please be aware that the PBS fee of 5 kroner is not included in the contingent.
Address – Phone – E-mail
SIK Vacation Fund
Employees, paid according to SIK’s collective agreements – and their immediate family members – can be granted a holiday trip.The application period is May 1 to August 1. The allocation of holiday travel is done by drawing lots from the applicants who meet the conditions for being able to get a holiday trip the following year.